Italian National Cert (ISCOM-MISE)
The Italian National CERT operates within the Ministry of Economic Development (ISCOM-MISE), and namely at the High Institute of Communications and Information Technology – ISCTI – which is the technical scientific body for ICT matters of the Ministry. The Italian National CERT, according to the public-private partnership model, supports citizens and companies through awareness and prevention measures and by coordinating the response to large-scale cyber attacks.The main goals of the Italian National CERT are:
- provide prompt information on potential cyber threats that could damage companies and citizens;
- improve the awareness and the promotion of a stronger security culture;
- cooperate with national and international institutions and other actors, public and private, involved in cyber security, promoting the cooperation among them;
- ease the response to large-scale security information incidents;
- support the process of cyber crisis management.